Dysport Aftercare instructions
After treatment with dysport or botox, the affected areas can be slightly swollen,
Itchy and red, and there maybe some slight needle point bruising which can last up to 4-5 days. Some people may experience a headache or flu-like symptoms which can last up to 24 hours after treatment. If it is uncomfortable you may take some Panadol.
- Do not rub the treated area – normal gentle cleansing is fine
- No facial massages for 24 hours after treatment and do not lie down for at least an hour or two
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise for 24 hours, eg: gym, aerobics etc.
- Actively use the treated facial muscles as much as possible for the first hour following treatment.
- If you have tendency towards dry eyes and this is worsened with treatment, pelase let me know.
- Dysport or botox can take up to 14 days to take effect but most people notice it working in 3-4 days
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns about your treatment on 0275670055
Dermal filler post treatment instructions
Following your treatment, you may experience pain, bruising, swelling, asymmetry and numbness. It is recommended that you avoid the following:
First 24 hours
For the first two weeks
- Hot drinks and food
- Hot showers, baths and saunas
- Excessive exercise
- Dental work
- Do not apply makeup to the treated area
- Extended exposure to sun or UV light two weeks post filler
- Extended exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures
If you have had cheek augmentation it is recommended that you sleep on your back for the first night post treatment.
If you have swelling at the injection site, you can apply an ice or cold pack for brief periods.
If you have had lip augmentation most of the swellling is from the lidocaine (anaesthetic) in the dermal filler, in which most of this will subside in a few hours. Mild swelling can continue for a few days as well as some asymmetry. Bumps can also last a few days. If you notice thery are still there after a few days then you can massage them or press firmly on the to smooth them out. Just thoroughly wash hands prior to touching the area and doing this. If you have any questions then do not hesitate to contact me. If you have suffer from cold sores ensure you continue to take your lysine or antiviral medication for at least 4 days following the procedure.
If you experience bruising, in particular mottled bruising that is spreading and whiteness around the area please contact me on 027567055
anytime or your local after hours clinic.